july 17: ty, from cosi cafe

there is a cafe across the street from my apartment that i like to go to and hang out sometimes.. they have free wi-fi, comfy chairs, and good salads and bread.

i was sipping on a DC (yes, i have relapsed) and reading on a comfy chair with a foot rest (this place really is great), and a guy named ty was sitting next to me.

his advice for this project is,

"don't let anyone who doesn't enrich you influence your confidence"

he explained how his mom's brutal honesty doesn't always make him feel better about himself, but it does, in the long run, enrich him, so the hurt self-confidence isn't something that he avoids.  but he does avoid letting critical or self-loathing people say or do things that make him feel worse about himself. 

"why would i even let it bother me?  it doesn't do anything to help me, and it just wastes my time and my energy and makes me feel crappy."

No comments:

Post a Comment